Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hillary sets her sights on Mrs World title

New York (T2N2) Hillary Clinton faces re-election next month as Senator from New York, but the race on everyone's mind is the one two years from now. Will the former First Lady be a candidate for Mrs World in 2008?

While beauty is the key element, contestants in this yearly extravaganza are also urged to voice their opinions about marriage and current affairs. All married women – young wives, mothers and even grandmothers – are eligible to participate.

Our source in the Clinton household told us that Hillary, who would be 61 two years hence, has set her sights on winning the annual contest for married women.


powered by ODEO

According to opinion polls in the US, the wife of former President Bill Clinton is a sure-shot winner even if she takes on contestants 40 years her junior.

Asked repeatedly whether she will make a bid for the beauty title, Clinton has remained noncommital.

"I've been asked that question a few times, and as I've said many times before I am focused on my work in the Senate," she said.

"Obviously people are talking about whether or not I will or should run for Mrs World and I'm flattered by that, but I have made no decisions," she added.(T2N2)

No comments: